USAD 1000 – Forced Entry/Bullet/Blast Resistant Aluminum Door
The 1000 Series is an aluminum blast, ballistic and forced entry door. It is specifically designed to handle the larger glazing make-ups required for high security applications. It is available with narrow or monumental stiles. This door is available as a single door or as a double door, swinging or sliding configuration. Sidelights and transoms are also available.
- Ballistics – UL 752 Levels 1-8, NIJ I, II-A, II, III-A, III, IV
- Blast – Exceeds GSA DOD (UFC)
- Forced Entry – ASTM F1233 and F476
- FEMA 361 Certified
- Frame Size – 2 1/2″ W x 4 1/2″ D with custom sizes available
- Door Size – 3′ x 7′ with custom sizes available
- Door Thickness – 2 3/4″
- Stiles – Narrow (3”) or Monumental (5 5/16″)
- Glazing Thickness – 1/4″ to 2 3/16″
- Options – sidelights and transoms
- Applications – Interior or Exterior. There is no limit to the uses of this door when an aluminum stile and rail door is specified. This includes, but is not limited to, federal, state and local government facilities, military installations, banks, foreign embassies, consulates, corporate headquarters, medical facilities, airports, check cashing facilities, convenience stores and guard booths.
- The USAD1000 Door Series is shipped pre-hung, pre-glazed and factory assembled. The unit is available as a swinging or sliding door, interior or exterior application.
- The USAD 1000 Door Series is constructed as a full-flush type unit. Construction consists of heavy-duty aluminum extrusion and 1/8” minimum wall thickness. The extrusions allow for the insertion of armor consistent with specified threat level. The door framing is constructed from extruded aluminum with ballistic inserts. Transparent and opaque panels are interchangeable to provide necessary design flexibility. Complimentary window construction allows for aesthetically uniform security application that
is available in many style and finish options.
- Standard door hardware: Heavy-duty continuous hinge, deadbolt lockset with Medico high security cylinder, LCN closer, threshold and push/pull handles. Numerous hardware options are available to meet access and security needs; please consult factory for further information.
- Style options: Full-vision, double-vision, half-vision, opaque, sidelites, transoms and man-trap configuration.
- Standard door size: 3’ x 7’ or 39 ½” x 85 ¾” (custom sizes available)
- Standard frame: 2 ½”W x 4 ½”D (custom sizes available)
- Monumental stile (5 5/16”) and narrow stile (3”) available. Monumental stile will accept a wide range of hardware in commercial mortise locksets and rimmounted exit devices.
- Door Weight: Varies per application
- Standard finish: Clear or bronze anodized (custom Kynar paint, brass cladding, stainless steel cladding available)
It is recommended that the door be used in conjunction with protected wall and window areas.
Each end user should determine the ballistic and forced entry threat to ensure the correct product selection to meet and exceed security needs.